American Business Culture and Ethics (fall 17-18)
Specialization: course opened to all study programs
Warrantor: Mgr. Gabriela Pleschová, MSc., PhD.
Instructor: experts from Adient, AmCham, AT&T, O2, Seesame, TPA
Lecturing hours (weekly): 2
Credits: 3 ECTS
Date: Tuesday 15:15-16:45 (first class is compulsory)
Working language: English
Evaluation: A-FX, submit homework + attend classes
Aim of the course: The aim of this course is to acquaint students with particularities of the American business culture and the influence of ethics on economic relations. It offers the student a unique chance to benefit from curricula designed to deliver theoretical knowledge as well as practical case study models of management of the major functions in businesses with American business culture. The course also deals with general determinants of the economic system while focusing on the value-added of social and environmental aspects of trade and business. At the same time, it offers the analysis of contemporary global economic and financial implications on the business culture of North American enterprises and corporations. The course will be taught by leading experts of companies associated within the American Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic. Its design offers the students an opportunity to combine their study of the economic and business environment in North America with case studies learning methods taught through business optic.
- Introductory lesson: overview and introduction to methodology, course proceedings, topics, evaluation and required readings (compulsory class) – 19.9. – ABCE Intro 2017 – stiahnuť PDF
- Managing Stakeholder and Governmental Relations – Theory and corporate model presentation (O2) – 26.9
- Managing Stakeholder and Governmental Relations – Case Study (O2) – 3.10. – Assignement
- PR and Communication – Theory and corporate model presentation (Seesame) – 10.10
- PR and Communication – Case Study (Seesame) – 17.10. – Readings
- Business Ethics – Theory and corporate model presentation (AT&T) – 24.10.
- Business Ethics – Case Study (AT&T) – 7.11.
- Managing HR – Theory and corporate model presentation (TPA) – 14.11.
- Managing HR – Case Study (TPA) – 21.11.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Theory and corporate model presentation (Adient) – 28.11.
Please to have a look at some of CSR examples:
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Case Study (Adient) – 5.12. – Case study
- Final lecture, closing seminar, assessment of students – 12.12.